Sierra Leone is a West African country located on the Atlantic Ocean. It is bordered by Guinea to the north and east, Liberia to the southeast, and the Atlantic Ocean to the west and southwest. The country covers an area of 71,740 square kilometers and has a population of over 7 million people.
The road network in Sierra Leone is limited, with a total length of approximately 11,700 kilometers. Of this, only about 10 percent is paved, while the remaining 90 percent is gravel or dirt roads. There are no expressways or 4×4 tracks in the country.
Walking, cycling, and hiking are popular activities, especially in the mountainous regions of the east. GarminWorldmaps offers topographical maps that can be used for hiking and cycling routes in the country. These maps provide detailed information about elevation changes, terrain, and points of interest, making it easier to plan a safe and enjoyable trip.
Sierra Leone is home to several national parks and nature reserves, which offer visitors the opportunity to experience the country’s rich biodiversity. These areas are ideal for hiking and camping, with trails ranging from easy to challenging.
However, travelers should take necessary precautions while hiking in Sierra Leone, especially in remote areas. It is recommended to travel in groups and hire a local guide who is familiar with the terrain and can provide assistance in case of an emergency.
Sierra Leone offers ample opportunities for outdoor activities, particularly hiking and camping. While the road network is limited and mostly unpaved, topographical maps from GarminWorldmaps can help travelers plan their routes and navigate safely through the rugged terrain.
Showing the single result
Western Africa Map for GarminAfrica Maps for Garmin 24.95 € Add to cart