The Sweden topographic map from the OpenStreetMap project provides excellent routable topographic road maps. These maps are converted to use them legal and free of charge on any Garmin GPS device. Since the Open Street Map project is open source and depending on the contributions of users to gather the map data, it is not complete for some regions. General the maps are great for routing especially in cities and on main overland routes.
Sweden Topographic Map – Map for Garmin GPS
handhelds and car navigation units
Advantages of the GPS map
- Route planning on PC and Mac (with the free Garmin software BaseCamp)
- This PRO map is topographic and shows contour lines every 10 m/20m with DEM Hillshading. Hillshading is a technique for creating relief maps, showing the topographical shape of hills and mountains using shading on a map, just to indicate relative slopes and mountain ridges.
- Transferring a route or track from your PC or Mac iOS to your Garmin GPS device is super easy. Just install the map included in your download on your PC or Mac iOS. Plan your adventures or trips and then copy everything to your GPS.
- Editing of finished routes for individual adaptation
- The map material is very detailed and comprehensive and always up to date
- Depending on the Garmin model, our maps also support “routing” with voice output
- This map is excellent for Street navigation, hiking, cycling and mountain biking. It calculates for every occasion the right way. The download includes three versions of the map so you don’t have to bother how and where to use it.
- Windows computer. Map to install on the computer with the free software Garmin BaseCamp (Windows). With this map, you have the option of editing the map on your computer, planning routes, and sending the map and / or routes to the navigation system.
- Mac OSx computer. Map to install on your computer with free Garmin BaseCamp software (Mac OSx). With this map, you have the option of editing the map on your computer, planning routes, and sending the map and / or routes to the navigation system.
- GARMIN microSD card. Map for direct copying to the microSD card or the internal memory of the navigation device (without a computer). With this map you have the possibility to copy the GPS map directly to the navigation system or the microSD card. (Plug&Play).
Will this GarminWorldmaps Map work in My Garmin Outdoor GPS?
To confirm the device settings are correct and it is compatible, review the following –
- Check the device Compatibility List
- Make sure the Garmin GPS has the most current software installed with Garmin Express
Download the map
Immediately after paying, you will be directed to a page where you can download the map directly. You will also receive an email containing all the order details and the download link. The download Link will expire after 90 days.
Things to see in Sweden
Angermanalven, Baltic Sea, Gulf of Bothnia, Gulf of Finland, Gulf of Riga, Harefjorden, Hjalmaren, Hudiksvallsfjorden, Irbe Strait, Kalmarsund, Kattegat, Lovstabukten, Lulevatten, Malaren, Norwegian Sea, Oregrundsgrepen, Siljan, Skagerrak, Skelleftealven, Stora Sundsvallsbukten, Tornealven, Tornetrask, Vanern and Vattern.