Map installer BaseCamp / MapSource on Windows
The China map from the OpenStreetMap project provides excellent routable roadmaps for China. These maps are converted to use them legal and free of charge on any Garmin GPS device. Since the Open Street Map project is open source and depending on the contributions of users to gather the map data, it is not complete for some regions. General the maps are great for routing especially in cities and on main overland routes.
China – Map installer for BaseCamp or MapSource on the Windows platform
for Garmin® handhelds and car navigation units
Beside the individual country map for China there is a variety of combined maps. They do contain the same level of detail data than the individual country maps. We offer them for your convenience and besides this you can save money compared to the individual maps. We took a lot of care to convert the maps so they will work on your Garmin GPS navigation devices. All Garmin GPS maps are routable. The maps are stored in a zip file containing the Map-Installer for Garmin BaseCamp or MapSource.
To use this Map you need the BaseCamp software from Garmin. You can download BaseCamp for Windows for free on the Garmin website.
Things to see in China
Bam Co Lake, Bay of Bengal, Baytik Shan Mountains, Bo Hai, Chang Jiang, East China Sea, Gobi Desert, Gulf of Tonkin, Hengduan Shan Mountains, Huang (Yellow River), Korea Bay, Korea Strait, Kunlun Shan Mountains, Nam Co Lake, Philippine Sea, Qilian Shan Mountains, Qinghai Lake, Sea of Japan (East Sea), South China Sea, Taiwan Strait, Tian Shan Mountains, Yangtze River and Yellow Sea.
How to install the Garmin map on your Windows PC
- After download the map. Double click on the file to start the installation process.
- It requires administrator access. On Windows 7 and Vista you will be asked about this.
- Accept the license.
- Specify the path for installation of the map. (if you want).
- We recommend using the default path which is C:\Garmin\Maps.
- Please notice that the uninstall program will be placed in the path you choose.
Upgrade a Garmin map on Windows PC
- For upgrading a map we recommend uninstalling the old map before installing the new map.
Download File Size for the China Map: 242 MB